Don’t you just love those weekends when you have nothing planned. After a hectic week with work, today has been a lush day of catching up on sleep, breakfast in bed, retail therapy and a little bit of wedmin.
Just in case you’re wondering what I bought, I ended up finding the dreamiest winter boots from Office and a beautiful, double-breasted checked coat from Topshop – hello Clueless vibes! I also can’t seem to stop buying jumpers from &Otherstories. I really can’t help myself, there are just so many incredible jumpers online lately. I’ve bought three already in the name of autumn….Honestly, they are nailing it right now, just take a look here if you don’t believe me.
Dress | Topshop (on sale!!)
Shoes | Zara
Bag | Mango (on sale!!)
Sunglasses | Ray Ban
As for wedmin, I’ve spent most of the day researching wedding favour ideas on Pinterest and think we’ve finally decided on our favourite – eek! Now we’re just trying to decide on the final design for our official invitations so we can send them out asap. Because the worrier that I am, I don’t want to leave it too late and they end up getting lost in everyone’s Christmas post. Oh and I’m pretty sure I’ve watched every single episode of Say Yes To The Dress – I’m emotionally involved and I can’t see it stopping anytime soon, send help.
I always seem to go through stages of panic then excitement when it comes to planning our wedding. One part of me panics about how much we actually have to do. And the other part gets SO excited watching everything come together and being able to tick things off our big ol’ to do list.
The other thing that needs ticking off our list is our vows. As we’re having a civil ceremony (if only you could of seen the look my Nan gave me when I told her this) we had to give a notice to marriage at our local registry office a few months ago. Once we completed our separate interviews (not as scary as I thought but still kinda weird) we were given our notice of marriage then shown a list of options for vows; what we’d be saying, what we had the option to change and where we could add our own words.
This got me thinking, vows aren’t just for your husband to-be. What about the vows I want to make to myself?
In one of my latest posts about not feeling good enough I spoke about how I felt like someone who gave up. I relied solely on my fiancé to make me happy and make me feel like myself again. Yes Pete if you could just solve all my problems that would be great. Turns out, not so great. I fell into a negative spiral and abandoned everything I knew about self-love.
Should we be able to lean on our spouses for support? Absolutely. But as much as we need support, should we be making our partner completely responsible for our own happiness? Absolutely not.
So, this is me taking responsibility for my own happiness. Because no-one else can give me that apart from me. Therefore before I marry my best friend and beautiful bae I want to make the following vows to the other most important person in my life, me;
1. I vow to know my worth. Whether it’s friends, family or work, I vow to know my value and never accept being treated in a way less than I deserve.
2. I vow to always communicate. To be confident in myself and speak up for what I believe in, always.
3. I vow to never settle for anything less than what I truly want. I can do anything I put my mind to. But I’m also lazy so…
4. I vow to always listen to my gut instinct. Just call me That’s So Raven because when I get a bad feeling about something, I’m almost ALWAYS right.
5. I vow to always treat people how I want to be treated. In the same note, people will treat you the way you allow them to #staywoke
6. I vow to never take anything for granted. Looking at the series of horrific events going on in the world today; I will never take my life and the life I lead for granted. I am incredibly lucky.
7. I vow to always put my happiness first. Living life for me isn’t self-centred, it’s self-care. You can’t please everyone and it’s not worth losing yourself trying to.
8. I vow to love myself. Breaking negative patterns and learning to love myself no matter what.
9. I vow to challenge myself. Because when I’m not challenging myself, I’m not growing.
10. I vow to live in the moment. I want to concentrate on living in the moment, the here and now. Because for me, that’s the only way to live life to it’s fullest.
Chat soon lovelies x